Date(s) - 20/10/2015 - 22/10/2015
Uppsala biomedicinska centrum BMC
This 1 ECT course will cover both theoretical and hands-on exposure to current topics in RNA-seq analysis. Lectures from experts in RNA-seq and biostatistics will cover a range of cutting-edge issues in RNA quality control, transcript assembly in model and non-model organisms, differential expression analysis and downstream analysis using other types of data. An extensive case study in the computer lab will familiarize you with concepts of mapping, quality control of your RNA-seq data, de novo assembly, assembly using a reference, differential expression analysis and downstream enrichment analysis.
Topics covered will include:
· Gene and isoform detection using short RNA-seq reads
· Gene and isoform detection using long RNA-seq reads
· Gene and isoform detection combining RNA-seq data with other data sources
· Quality assessment of RNA-seq data
· Differential expression analysis using RNA-seq data on multiple cells
· Downstream analysis after identifying differentially expressed genes.
Course fee: 1000 SEK
Application deadline: 22 September
Link to application form
The course will be held in Uppsala
For additional information, please contact Eva Molin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are admitted to the course (after applying via SciLife Lab) you can apply for co-funding of travel/accommodation for participating in the course by filling out the form below. No co-funding of the coruse fee is considered.
Registration and/or application for co-funding
Bookings are closed for this event.