Date(s) - 26/04/2017 - 28/04/2017
09:30 - 15:00
This 2 ETCS course held at the Division of Ergonomics and Aerosol Technology, Lund University, will provide an overview on airborne transmission of infectious agents. Topics include:
- Emission, transport and deposition of airborne microbes
- Survival mechanisms of microbes in the air
- Techniques to sample and analyse airborne biological material (including laboratory demonstrations)
- A historical perspective on major airborne diseases
- Inhalation and defence in the respiratory tract
- Airborne contamination in pharma, clean rooms and industry
- Air quality in operating rooms and hospital hygiene
- Vaccination through inhalation
Deadline for registration: 31 March, 2017
Examination: Active participation in the course, accepted pre-course assignment and written report (reflection on the course content related to participant's own research).
Jakob Löndahl (assoc prof), Lund University
+46-73 551 8636
Suggestion for nearby accommodation: Elite Hotel Ideon
NDPIA members can register and apply for co-funding of travel and accommodation costs via the form below. Others who are interested in the course can send and e-mail to email@example.com including information on their research focus, title, home university and mobile phone number.
Registration and/or application for co-funding
Bookings are closed for this event.