The aim of this free symposium is to gather some of the most active European scientists in the field to discuss mechanisms and evidence around the role of metals and biocides in the selection of antibiotic resistant bacteria, both from an evolutionary, environmental and clinical point of view. The symposium will feature state-of-the art presentations from leading European scientists (see below), up to ten shorter presentations selected from submitted abstracts and a panel discussion.
Dead-line for registration: 2016-03-08, 23:00.
Abstract submission (optional): by 2015-02-22 at the latest.
Organizers: The Environmental Committee of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and the University of Gothenburg.
- Dan I. Andersson, Uppsala University; Sweden
- Kristian Brandt, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Teresa M. Coque, Ramón y Cajal Health Research Institute, Spain
- William Gaze, University of Exeter Medical School, UK
- David Graham, Newcastle University, UK
- Hanne Ingmer, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Joakim Larsson, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Jean-Yves Maillard, Cardiff University, UK
- Åsa Melhus, Uppsala University; Sweden
- Karl Perron, Université de Genève, Switzerland
- Christopher Rensing, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
- Mats Tysklind, Umeå University, Sweden
Bookings are closed for this event.