This NDPIA course will provide an in depth understanding of intracellular, bacterial pathogens inside the host cell and the microbial and cellular factors contributing to the fate of infection. An important part is methods and assays used in research and drug discovery for intracellular pathogens. The course contains lectures, workshops and practicals and is based on the knowledge and experience of invited speakers, the course leaders and importantly, the course attendees performing research on various intracellular bacteria. In the course we will use IncuCyte®, an instrument from Essen Biosciences, for high content live imaging. An important part of the course is for attendees to get an introduction to using this technology.
At the end of the course the participants will:
- Have a deeper understanding of the microbial and cellular factors of intracellular infections
- Have developed skills in cell infection assays designed for research and drug discovery
- Be able to set up cell infection assays in his/her own lab
- Have experience in using the IncuCyte to monitor infections over time
- Have presented and discussed her/his own research with course teachers and attendees
- Have expanded the scientific network with other researchers interested in intracellular infections
- Have the opportunity to establish a network within academic research on infection biology
Target group: PhD students and postdocs with an interest in intracellular infections.
There will be an oral course examination in the form of group discussion based on the course aims.
Extended registration deadline: 4 October, 2018
The number of participants is limited to 20.
Suggested accommodation: Hotel Ekoxen (Klostergatan 68, 582 23 Linköping)
NDPIA members have priority to attend the course and can register via the form below (registered persons will be admitted when at least 10 NDPIA members have registered to the course). Please also indicate if you would like NDPIA co-funding for travel and accommodation costs (not applicable for participants at Linköping University).
Non-NDPIA members: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to announce your interest in attending the course.
Bookings are closed for this event.