Thu, 26 March, 2020 - Wed, 21 October, 2020
Learn how to join, set up and lead collaborative research projects
NDPIA has on behalf of IBA access to the Nature Masterclasses online course on Effective Collaboration in Research
The course is taught by experts in collaboration including researchers, funders, editors and professionals.
Access is available to members and associate members of NDPIA.
Below is a YouTube video with more information about the course:
The course is web-based and pre-recorded, which means you can start at any time and progress at you own pace.
About the course:
- Taught by 17 experts in collaboration including researchers, funders, editors and professionals
- Bitesize lessons that fit around your work — log in and learn in 10 minutes!
- Receive a certificate when you complete each course part
The course is broken into 3 parts:
- Introducing collaboration: The rise of and different types of collaborations, benefits and challenges, working with industry and how collaboration fits with your research and career goals.
- Participating in a collaboration: Working in a research team, keeping projects on track, choosing collaboration tools, leveraging experiences and troubleshooting tips for new collaborators.
- Leading a collaboration: Effective leadership, setting up a collaboration framework, maintaining engagement and establishing a code of conduct and many more.
How to register for the course:
- NDPIA members: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to get your access code.
- NDPIA non-members: please register as a member or associate member here and then contact email@example.com to get your access code.
Start your access:
After receiving your unique access code:
- Register on the Nature Masterclasses website: https://masterclasses.nature.com/register
- As part of the registration process, you’ll receive an email from Nature Masterclasses. Click the link in the email to complete your registration.
- Next, log in and visit this page: https://masterclasses.nature.com/tan
- Enter your unique code and click ‘Redeem’. Your course access is now confirmed – on future visits, simply log in and go to the course.
Please note: The first time you open the course you’ll be asked to enter a few details, such as your name and our institution name.