The registration deadline for the 1.5 ECTS NDPIA course “Emerging viral diseases – preparing for the unknown” at KI in Huddinge 4-6 October 2017 is extended to 20 September.
Course participants will learn about:
– How to prepare for, work during, and investigate, an outbreak
– Ethical and practical issues regarding research and testing of treatments/vaccines
during ongoing outbreaks
– Biosafety and biosecurity issues
– The “One Health” perspective, including the natural origin of the viruses
– Emerging viral diseases and the viruses that cause them, focusing on pathogenesis
and how the viruses affect infected cells and the immune responses.