Several fellowships are open for excellent postdoctoral candidates interested to do research in the highly interactive and multidisciplinary research environments of Umeå Centre for Microbial Research (UCMR) and Umeå Plant Science Centre (UPSC) at Umeå University, Sweden.
The fellowships are funded by the newly launched “Excellence by Choice” Postdoctoral Programme, with Nobel laureate Emmanuelle Charpentier as patron, who discovered the CRISPR Cas 9 gene editing technology during her time as a scientist and group leader in Umeå.
The programme is open to all nationalities. The “EC” Postdoctoral Fellows will:
- Develop a collaborative project under supervision of at least two PIs
- Obtain 2 year full time fellowship exempt from tax (600 000 SEK), as well as grants for project running costs (300 000 SEK) and the fellow’s career development (20 000 SEK)
- Access to UCMR/UPSC affiliated core facilities and technical platforms
- Participate in activities to strengthen networks and collaborations in academics and industry
- Involve in a strong postdoc community with the Umea Postdoc Society (UPS)
Applicants should have a PhD degree in a field relevant for the position, preferably completed no more than three years before the starting date of fellowship We aim to recruit up to six postdoctoral fellows in this round
Applications should be submitted by April 3rd 2022