In collaboration with the European Bioinformatics Institute (EMBL-EBI) the National Doctoral Programme in Infections and Antibiotics (NDPIA) will offer a number of bioinformatics modules 10-12 and 17-19 of November 2015. The modules will be taught at Umeå University by EBI staff and members of NDPIA are offered to participate for free. Non-NDPIA applicants can be considered if the modules are not fully subscribed (also without charge).
Half-day training modules (10-12 November):
- Introduction to databases at EMBL-EBI
- Protein sequence databases
- Protein function and classification
- Introduction to sequence searching at EMBL-EBI
- Standards and ontologies
- Interactions & pathways
Full-day training modules (17-19 November):
- Protein structures and tools from the PDBe
- Ensembl Genomes
- ArrayExpress / Expression Atlas
Link to schedule and information about the modules via EMBL-EBI.
Deadline for registration: 26 October 2015
Link to additional information and registration: